Clycs
Clycs asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I wrap potato chips in a paper towel, usually at least over night, to remove some of the fat & calories.?

Anyone want to take a SWAG (scientific wild a** guess) at how many calories are removed from about an ounce+ of chips.(this is about what will fit loosly in a standard paper towel) It always oils up almost the whole towel--it might miss a corner or edge that wasn't touched by a chip. I'm not being anal about calories, just curious--I like the taste of the chips better with less oil. thanks for any "SWAG's" offered.

Favorite Answer

If you can, weigh the towel before and after. Find out the number of calories per gram of fat, and you can do some simple calculations.

If your local drug dealer won't let you use their scale, visit the science department of your local school, or your perfectionist cook neighbor.

if you really want to be scientific, weigh the paper towel before you put it on there. Then weight it when it has the oil on it. You will need a sensitive scale. Then take the weight difference in grams, and look up how much calories that mass of oil is. (it depends on the oil!) But any amount of oil off is better!

Why don't you just buy the baked chips, they are pretty tasty. I do not think that many calories are removed so it is not worth the trouble. Just eat Baked Chips or have a smaller serving of the regular chips.

might get rid of a bit of the excess oils but im not sure...try half a gram of fat?i dont know

I never worry about calories........only fat content.........calories I can burn off fat takes lots of work

tricky factor. query from yahoo or google. this will help!

you didn't remove that much.