USMC, ARMY or NAVY?

Where's the best place to join if you want to be a future police officer? I'd want to go into Military Police for a few years, and then become a patrol officer...

I don't want to be treated like some p*ssy though.. I'm athletic and can handle mine. I want a challenge!

Favorite Answer

I am pretty sure that each of the services police have pretty strenuous training. In fact for many years (this may still be true) the Marines went through their security training at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.

If you are looking to take the military experience and become a civilian law enforcement officer, ask you local police, sheriff, and state troopers which service has the best reputation for providing the best training. You can't lose in any of them, but I am partial to the Air Force. Good Luck!

Source(s): Retired Air Force

Go Army. I am an MP in the army, just got back from iraq a few months ago. I am partial to army since i joined the army, but from what ive seen, our schooling is far superior to the other branches, just get ready for some strange weather in fort leonard wood, missouri. Good luck.

Peace Corps. A police officer has to deal with people from all walks of life, incomes, and backgrounds. The Peace Corps will allow you to meet, work with, and understand other cultures at a level few in the military will experience. With due respect to the service branches, the military mission in a nutshell is to kill people and blow up things. The mission of a policeman is to try and make sure people aren't killed and things don't blow up.

I'm being a little bit trite, but you should at least give it some thought.

• Bestie

The Army

If you want 2 retire and have a job in the law enforcements you should join the ARMY casue they offer the most opportunity for policing and stuff like that

Source(s): www.goarmy.com

US ARMY, one of the best Military Police Schools in the

USA!!!!

I am partial to Navy...coming from a Navy family and my fiance is a sailor...but I would go Army or Marines. The arforce is for p*ssies

USMC all the way being a female in the marines right now, its the best branch

Coast Gaurd

USMC first choice, Air Force 2nd, Army 3rd and Navy 4th.