Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 decade ago

Has anyone gone to a coed boarding school?

Im going to hawaii prep academy, is there any reason why i should think this is not good?

Favorite Answer

I think it would be a great experience. You'd get to learn how to be independent and more self-sufficient. Plus, it sounds like a lot of fun!

If you for some reason, don't enjoy your first year, you can always leave and go back to your regular local school.

good luck and have fun! :)

Yes - I went to a co-ed boarding school two years in highschool. You learn to be independent - I went home one weekend a month and was responsible for my laundry, studies, eating, cleaning etc... I also worked at the school (most students did). Regarding it being co-ed... That was interesting. We obviously had separate dorms. During study period at night we had an official "note passing" practice, where notes were picked up and dropped off by the hall monitors. We were not allowed to hold hands or kiss - you could be placed on "social" for that. We had a couple of dinner / dances during the year. It was all very chaperoned. I went to public school my senior year and my grades suffered - to much partying. It was overwhelming. So - I might have been a better balanced person if I had been exposed to the real world.