Is Liberal Populism for 08..?

John EdwardsThe first major Democratic '08 makes it official from Hurricane Katrina hard-hit Ninth Ward of New Orleans.

Is John Edwards running on an anti-poverty theme campaing.?

Is having him be a major contender talking about poverty for the next year is going to be better for our country.?

Will Wall Street Embrace Liberal Populism ?

Wall Street seems petrified of even the most empty rhetoric to the effect of proposing policies to stem the extreme social polarization and vast gulf that seperates working people from the financial elite today.

I'm not sure if I'll back Edwards or someone else yet, but we could do a lot worse than having an anti-poverty idealist as our president.

Favorite Answer

There is a widening gap between the rich and the poor. That is became quite evident when Katrina hit. I think that's why Edwards decided to pick New Orleans to announce his campaign. Bobby Kennedy ran on the similiar campaign in 1968. The problem is worse now than it was then. It is time to get serious about the wealth distribution in this country.

Edwards is the best candidate I've seen out of all that ran in 2004 and so far this year...

Edwards with Obama as VP could make waves... and I think Edwards being from the south could be a huge boost against someone like a Rudy or a McCain in the usually Republican dominated South...

Populism could work, at least it will work to win Ohio. My proof, Sherrod Brown. He was one of the most liberal Congressmen, and he took down a moderate and very bi-partisan Mike DeWine. Brown ran as a populist, all economic. DeWine tried to remind everyone Brown was an OMG Liberal, but Brown was able to connect with all the workers who lost their jobs to outsourcing, connect to everyone afraid of losing jobs (which is too many people).

He won our sympathies and campaigned from the heart. He was extremely liberal, and he brought down Senator Dewine this year 56%-44%. In 2000 Dewine won by over 2/3 of the vote, barely earning 2/5 this year.

Populism works...its what we need.

I almost liked Edwards until I read the story about his recent New Hampshire trip. Poverty, global warming, I am sorry about voting for Iraq... lame platform.

• rdyjoe

Liberal Democrates run on SEE WHAT HE DID WRONG. the have no platform. The term is Waffle.