mtk asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Irregular periods and pregnancy. Am I pregnant?

When I was younger my periods were irregular and would come every 2-3 months, but as years went by it began to regulate. For the past 5 months or so they were still pretty regular except they were a week or so late each time. I was supposed to start my period 2 and a half weeks ago and I have yet to start. I've taken 4 home pregnancy tests and the results were all negative. Is it possible that I may be pregnant?

Favorite Answer

Stress wreaks havoc on your body - so that might be the cause. See a doctor to get to the bottom of it. Good luck!

Depending on your body size it could be Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome like I have. I have been nearly a year without a period. PCOS isnt a great big disease, you arent going to die. Basically it could mean many things like you could be over or underweight, hormone levels shot to blazes, irregular periods. It may not even be PCOS, it could be stress. Either way, if you are concerned, see your Dr.

Source(s): Me

After 4 negative tests its highly unlikely. Stress, change in diet lots of things can affect your period. Polycystic ovaries can cause irregular periods also.

Maybe. See A Doctor

Most likely no. Home pregnancy tests are very accurate, especially 4!

See a doctor.

if you took 4 tests and they were all negative then i really doubt it, but i would call your doctor anyway.

buy a test and drop the subject. EDIT: why give me a thumbs down? pregnancy tests are 99.9 percent accurate so whats the problem? looking for attention and drama I suspect.