Does anyone know why the show MY WIFE AND KIDS... was cancled?....any kind of info would help..Thanks?

THE show ended on the fifth season finally. Sometime in 2005....It was with Tisha-Cambell Martin and Daimon Waynes.... Any information would help...Thank You

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

After five seasons, My Wife and Kids got cancelled because, according to ABC TV executives, the show had been "played out". The cancellation was not confirmed until the day before this episode premiered. As a result, the series never got a proper send-off and instead ended with a nasty cliffhanger.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

My Wife and Kids was officially cancelled by ABC after 5 seasons.

Some viewers saw the fifth season as when the show began "jumping the shark." It started bringing Michael in various unrealistic situations, and having to ask Franklin for advice. Some African-American viewers thought by the fifth season that the show cast African-Americans in a bad light. ABC executives said the show was cancelled because it was "played out." In the season five finale "The V Story," it was revealed Jay was pregnant, leaving a cliffhanger. Fans of the show have called for a season 6 to see the outcome of this storyline, but it is likely to remain one of the few cliffhangers in modern day television not to be resolved.

It was revealed by ABC, if they did pick the series up for another year, Jay would not have been pregnant because the results would have been wrong. However Michael, Jay and Kady would have moved near to Jay's parents, leaving Claire and Jr. behind.

• Bren
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

i do not know why..

but.......i loved that show! Daman Wayans and Tish were really funny,and so were the kids

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am assuming bad ratings

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There don't seem to be any new episodes...I suppose it has been canceled.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.