Does this really work?

Ok I'm 5'4, 110 pounds, green eyes, light brown hair. i dont think im pretty, I think im pretty ugly actually. I think its mostly because I was dorky before with glasses and awkward looking so I got teased a lot. its not that I never get told I'm pretty, but I never believe it. I dont have confidence and and so shy its rediculous. I cant look a guy in the eyes because I get nervous. So if I work on my confidence, will guys notice that and approach me more?

Favorite Answer

Yes definitely, I'll pick you up at 9 ?

Everyone likes confidence so yes guys would probably approach you more if you were more confident. It's a number of things... like being or seeming to be shy doesn't mean you're not confident, but shy people tend to be approached less than outgoing people... sometimes shy people appear standoffish or aloof so basically you want to work on your confidence as well as try to be more outgoing and then you will meet more guys.

I'm not really sure how to work on your confidence... try to realize you're not ugly, and being dorky (you said you used to be) never made you ugly, either. Kids are mean and tease anyone they can so they won't be teased themselves.

I used to be really shy and I suppose I didn't have a ton of friends so I wasn't very confident, but I grew out of it by getting my first job where I had to socialize with customers and take orders over the phone, etc., and that got me a lot less shy. When I started high school I made new friends... then more in university... I'm in a sales job right now as well as school and it forces me to be outgoing. Basically you won't magically not be shy one day but if you try to break out of your comfort zone on your own terms you will gain more confidence. Take baby steps. Maybe the most popular jock type won't approach you, but I'm sure a shy guy will, or even try approaching them. Get your friends to introduce you to people. These things all take time but being less shy makes me more confident. Everyone has their off days where they want to stay home, right?

For an instant confidence boost I like to buy new expensive perfume or really nice flattering clothes or makeup. Maybe that would work for you? Do things you'll be proud of, like getting good grades or exercising so your tummy has muscles lol just a suggestion. And take compliments to heart... like believe them. People say you're pretty because you are.

Yes, and work on your independence as well. Stop worrying about what GUYS think of you and work on what YOU think of you. If there is something that bother's YOU about yourself change it but don't change because someone else thinks you're dorky, or "ugly". Be the person YOU want to be, that will help a great deal with your confidence.

Confidence is a big thing. If you believe your pretty other people will believe it too. I use to be tha quiet girl in the corner that no one really payed attention to. Now I cant stop getting attention. Its like i'm a completly different person.

no girl on this earth should be told they are ugly un less there is a biggggggggggggg exception but i like shy girls my frend is shy but she can be pretty crazybecause when i met her she was quiet and timid and she is comforrtable around me. anyway get a frrend that can be enthusiastic(someone that does not make you nervous a guy frend) hope it helps

I as a guy do like it when girls can look you in the eyes. I dont know why but it just gives them a feeling of... errr reassurment.

yes yes yes yes a guy loves a girl with a confident attitude and personality and smile work on your confidence and guys will love it

It depends how old you are if you r 11 like me i have the same problem except i dont knwo how old u r

Source(s): if u are 12 or younger plz email me

you can get perrty in your heart not very one is peraty dont give up on your self

Source(s): you try toi do anthing to look good and can get up the neveren to asnaer a guy at yo u shed be afarid to go with a man

definately! go for it =]