I have configured my router correctly now how do I set up a wireless connection on my laptop?

I am trying to use laptop to connect to the internet. The router is configured correctly, now I need to know what to do next? Please help I am new at this.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • jan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, your laptop should automatically detect the network in its range. Then all you have to do is click to connect, and it should be set up.

If your laptop has not built-in wireless, then get a decent USB or PCI wireless adapter. Then follow the on-screen instructions associated with that device.

• 1 decade ago

Your computer should be wireless ready now(built in card or external) just turn your computer on and u should see a small icon in the system tray that has 3 bent lines like ")))" right click on it and view all wireless networks. Find yours and connect

• 1 decade ago

First question: You did not specify whether you installed a wirless router. Does your laptop have wireless capability?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Go to control planel on yoru lapton > network connection > wirless network > view available network > search > connec to your network.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.