Seriously- What would you do?

I am from a small town in a rural state, 250 miles from where we live. All of my family live back home, except my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law and niece who live 30 minutes from me. After visits back home my hubby asked if I thought of moving back, I told him I always promised my gramma that I would take care of her. Long story short where we live in is going down hill-FAST! The city has stretched out and things are getting worse. My hubby has now offered to sell our house & move back home- where we could by a new one outright. Which would be great not to have to worry about mortgage /crime /education /sprawl /etc.

My strongest ties are to my mom & niece which are the only cons keeping me back and I am not sure how/if I would cope being away from them. My main concern is my hubby & 3 young children. My hubby talked to b-in-law and says they would be not long behind but I am afraid- what if they don't move,I see them everyday now and love it- besides my mom is my best friend-Help

It's not a "momma attachment" in that sense. She is getting older and her health is up and down, plus her husband just died last year.

Favorite Answer

While having and maintaining a close relationship with your mom is important, your children's up bringing and future must surpass all others with any decision in life. No different than the choices your parents made for you when you were young, you have to base all of your choices on what would be ultimately better for your kids and their future. Move, and stay in touch with your mom. Perhaps, convince her, even help her to move too.

Move with your husband, For this reason a man will leave his parents and cling to his wife forsaking all others..... and the two will become one.... If you stay close to your mother, how is your husband going to learn how to take care of you if your mom is near at your beconning call? You guys need to have at least Five to Ten years on your own without parental interference!

Source(s): Biblical Marriage counseling

So your folks and a sister live really close but you want to move to be near your grandma?

Personally I would try to stay close to your mom. If you have a lot of family out near your grandma, she'll be fine.

IMHO, you'll regret the support you have right now.

You definitely have to put your hubby and children first... I think that if you talked to you family that you would be leaving behind for now and let them know that you love them dearly but you just have to be with your hubby and go where he goes. I think that they will understand if they love you like I think they do.

Take your grandma with u she has to be reasonible surely she can see how bad the place is getting.U only want to give her a better life. Anyway your kids should come first.

Time to grow up and get off the momma tit, you are a married woman so get off your butt and move with husband and kids

250 miles isn't that far...you could still visit often, and if it's for the betterment of your family, it might be good. Maybe you could get the others to follow...why not ask them all?

i can't answer your questions this is something to yourself. ask yourself move and have a save life or stay and stay with the ones you love.

I would probably move.

move