Could this be my appendix?

2 weeks ago I had to go to the ER due to consistent throwing up (7 hrs!!!) and watery diarrhea. I thought it was food poisoning cause I ordered food that night and 2 hours later I woke up with extreme stomach pain under my breast bone. ER made blood tests, urinalysis, pelvic exam. Everything was ok. They ran a barium CT scan with the result could be appendicitis, could not be appendicitis. But they released me saying they didnt think it was my appendix. 7 days later I wanted to go on a long distance flight but they took me out of the plane cause all of a sudden my tummy felt really hot inside (right side) and I had a pressure like pain on the right side. Had to go to the ER again..blood tests, urinanalysis, ultrasound without results. Doc said could be a kidney stone, he thinks its a very little chance that its my appendix. I never had really sharp pain just this pressure like pain and the hot feeling inside my tummy. What could it be?

Got my period 2 weeks to late and since I have my period the pressure like pain and hot feeling in my tummy is gone. Every now and then it feels like I have a throbbing pain right beside my spine, which radiates to the front. Sometimes I have a little sharp tingling sensation on my right side, but I cant pin point it. Have no nausea, no vomiting, no fever, no diarrhea.

Favorite Answer

Didn't the doctor tell you a kidney stone? You do not think that is so? Rather than going to the ER, see a general practitioner.

sorry that you're going through so much pain, it sounds awful. I had kidney stones, and the pain was quite excrutiating -- I was on the verge of passing out, and I experienced the heat sensation that you describe as well.

I thought that kidney stones was something that just old men got, but it turns out that anyone at any point can get a stone, especially if you're not drinking enough water, or if you're drinking too many diuretics (coffee, tea, etc)

To be on the safe side, I'd take to drinking a lot of water. If you do have a stone, it will help flush it...

sounds like a kidney stone to me. I'm no doctor but my dad's gone through kidney stones before. if you have pain radiating from your right side near your spine, chances are, something's wrong with your kidney. This is my best guess. I wish I can help more.

Take the records from you 2 ER visits and give them to your regular doctor. Ask you regular doctor to diagnose you. Based on your symptoms, nobody on here is going to be able to tell you what is going on. It could be any number of things and your regular doctor will be better able to figure it out than an ER doc that doesn't know you at all. You may need to see a specialist to get an answer. Your regular doc will tell you who to see.