How could a band named Primal Scream be so soft?

Primal Scream is now my most hated band. Not only is their music lame, but they call themselves Primal Scream, a name that should be reserved for hardcore bands. There is nothing remotely hardcore about Primal Scream. And their music sucks. But I bet they will be worshiped by online geeks, ***** hipsters and music snobs when they're not busy masturbating to their shitty Decembrists songs. Hopefully the name Primal Scream scares them off.

Favorite Answer

maybe they have laryngitis?

Or it's named after the reaction people have after listening to them?

There is nothing remotely hardcore about you, either. Hardcore is about protesting society's ills and banding with like-minded souls down in the street to effect a positive change on the world around you. It's not about whining online (anonymously, I might add) about a pretty excellent Scottish rock band (who have created far more varied and better music than you ever will). You are yet another sad little hardcore newbie (that is, if you're really hardcore at all) and I laugh at how pathetic you are.

By the way, Motley Crue also had a song called "Primal Scream." Should we start ranting about them next, kiddo?

By the way, they've been around for over fifteen years, which, I presume, is longer than you have.

because they are Scottish?

or maybe because they got their name from Primal Scream, a term used to describe a cry heard in psychotherapy treatment, Primal Therapy. Wikipedia tells me that Primal Therapy patients would find their real needs and feelings in the process of experiencing all their "Pain". So, does it cause you pain when listening to them? Then I guess they have succeeded. ;)

Because it's a free country, and you can't judge a book by it's cover.