Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is it bad to sleep on your stomach during your period?

I am 12 so I still use pads. When I sleep on my back during my period, the blood kind of trickles down my butt (if you know what I mean.) I hate that! I am pretty sure sleeping on my stomach will stop this, but it seems like I heard somewhere that it is bad to sleep on your stomach when you are on your period. Is this true?

Favorite Answer

I haven't heard that one. I use to lay on my stomach all the time but I also put an old towel underneath me for the 'just in case'. Actually I think the pressure helped with cramps a bit. Good luck.

I don't think it's bad to sleep on your stomach but try getting the night time pads because they are longer/wider and much better for sleep. Also, put some tissue in your underwear to prevent the "trickling"

Definitely no reason to not sleep on your stomach.

You will need to try a larger size pad for the night- they do sell overnight ones for that reason. If you are having a really heavy period, you may need to get up during the night for a change- not the best alternative, but maybe the neatest....

Maybe you have not got the right sort of pad. Put an old sheet under youso blood trickles on the sheet.Sleep whatever you want to.

• kenton

i'd bypass to the drugstore and purchase the particular pants that you'll in good structure the pad into. also perchance you should purchase pads for heavy flows, you may get them they are somewhat thicker than the different ones - it would supply you peace of concepts. putting them interior your shorts isn't an noticeably solid theory because they are going to bypass round and when you consider that of this you leak. As for your napping position when you've taken care of the pad problem out you would possibly want to sleep the way you experience comfortable. in case you opt for more desirable information about the various style of pads obtainable bypass to the drugstore and verify with the assistant and he or she will communicate about the various ones. through how all of us have the elementary leak that can not be helped.

take an over night pad its large it will help, also sleeping on your stomach it could help but try your side

No, sleep any way you want to.

If you don't feel that your pads are reliable, try other brands (or larger-- like "super" instead of "regular") until you find something you trust more.

According to my chiropractor, it is bad to sleep on your stomach anytime because it puts your spine out of alingment.

yeah i used to have this problem and what i did was take a few tissues and cover up my underwear and roll up one and kind of stick it in the crack of my butt so it collects all the blood and it doesnt get on your underwear. hope that helps.

Source(s): previous experience

slepping on your stomach is ok.... when i was younger i bought those night time pads.. they are loneger and thicker, made for night time... but i use tampons now and they really are the best thing ever invinted.. good luck