wintery dry skin?

during the winter my skin seems to get pretty dry i put mosturizer on it and then an hour or so later it will look dry again. any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

I have scaly, dry skin if I don't use a sugar scrub in the shower. The Bath & Body Works Brown Sugar Scrub is excellent and comes in five or six exotic scents ($20 for a big jar); and a brand called Arbonne International does a citrus ginger sugar scrub drenched in avocado, jojoba and almond oils. Use it while in the shower and then dab the excess oil off with a towel. Your skin will be baby soft.

• justme

I have the same problem. I found if I scrub off all the dead skin when I shower using a loofah sponge (or something more then a washcloth for scrubbing)and when I get out of the shower I moisturize with a good moisturizer not the cheap stuff. I swear by the European lotions made with glycerin or olive oils etc. I never have to moisturize more then once after my shower and i have done this for as long as i can remember.

I get dry skin in the winter also, no matter how much lotion I use.

By accident I found and love Avon's Skin So Soft Body Wash. (Pink)

It has natural oils that I dont break out from but keeps my skin soft and moist.

Try not to shower with really hot water, cool water is better for your skin and prevents it from drying up. Also putting on lotion while your skin is slightly wet could also help, since you pores are still open. I also heard that olive oil helps a lot.

use a 24 hour lotion. There are a few on the market.Aveeno,Olay and Gold bond. Don't take hot baths or soak too long in the tub. Apply lotion as soon as u PAT dry.

Avon ~

Skin so Soft

Wintersoft hand cream and body lotion

MOISTURE THERAPY EXTRA STRENGTH CREAM - Extreme moisture for extremely dry skin.

Source(s): www.youravon.com/sweaver

victoria secret, body creme. I have dry skin to, I love that stuff!!!

Go to a tanning salon and buy after tan hemp lotion. It works really really well.

try olay body moisturizer it works really nicely, or another good type of body lotion

try aveeno lotion works really well, i seem to have the same problem