Will my auto insurance have to pay for a vehicle if the person I hit has NO insurance?

I live in Tennessee.

Favorite Answer

If you did the hitting, it makes no difference - you are at fault.

Also, uninsured motorists are the rason WE have to pay for uninsured motorist coverage on OUR insurance.

I don't understand why we have to pay for other peoples stupidity.

• alyson

the owner of the Yukon isn't answerable for injury accomplished to human beings's sources by utilising somebody who stole his vehicle. injury is in simple terms coated no be counted if that's led to by utilising an insured. An insured is him or somebody utilising the vehicle along with his permission. i might nevertheless confirm that the vehicle grow to be truly stated stolen nonetheless. If the vehicle wasn't truly stolen then a minimum of you've the delight of understanding he had to go record a phony police rfile and he will have a pair of uncomfortable weeks no longer understanding no be counted if the police are going to instruct-as much as arrest him whilst he's having dinner.

If the accident was your fault, your insurance should pay for the damage to both vehicles.

If the accident was the other person's fault, then your insurance should pay only for your vehicle, and probably only if you have uninsured motorist coverage.

yes - even if they are partly at fault. You probably pay for some type of uninsured/underinsured coverage - that's what will kick in if your policy limits are exceeded. Good luck.

Most likely. I do not believe Tenn is a No pay, no play state.

Nope sure don't cause that car shouldn't have been on the road

You hit him - you pay!

Only if it's your fault.

• jerry

no