_____ asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Are they going to show Sadam's execution on TV?

• Dan S
    Favorite Answer

No, I seriously doubt it.

TV and Radio Stations are not allowed to broadcast executions, in fact only a small and select few are allowed to even watch it in jail; usually limited to only those directly involved in the case. Saddam's execution will NOT be broadcast in the US under ANY circumstances.

Things are much different in the Islamic world, where their attitude to crime is much more "biblical" i.e. extreme. I wouldn't be surprised if Iran and other Middle East nations would broadcast executions as a good example of what happens when you disobey the law.

In Iraq things are much different with all the unrest there and the expected reaction of Saddam's supporters broadcasting his execution would only be pouring gasoline on the napalm fire. Since the court of appeals required his execution to be done in 30 days or less, and since the decision to execute him came so quickly after the appeals court denied Saddam's appeal it seems like the Iraqi government wants to get it done as quickly and quietly as possible.

I also think that it will be the start of a major end of the year insurgence action. The insurgents are looking for an excuse, and this will be an excellent one. So along with the report of Saddam's death on the nightly news you will see the death toll of American forces rise above the 3,000 mark.

Probably not, at least not live. The issue with the Iraqis is that they will not believe he is dead until they actually see it happening. This is why the bodies of his two sons were photographed and released to the media. The Iraqis have to see it to beleive it, so in one way or another the images of his execution will be released, it's just a question of when and in what form.

Source(s): From the AEN "How to Get Along in Life Handbook" This answer is a finely tuned, precision instrument machined to tolerances of +/- .001" and was carefully handcrafted from the highest quality materials. No animals or plants were harmed in the answering of this question. Any similarity with any person, living or dead, is purely coincidental and unintended. What, me worry

All I can say is put it on Pay Per View! We could recoup the costs of the war in one fell swoop and have some left over for Iraq to rebuild their country!

His execution should be shown in High Def live on Fox.

No. We won't even know when it's going to happen until it's over. This is to limit the civil unrest that will most likely ensue.

It's going to be aired on Letterman, right after the top ten list.

probably not theres a 50-50 chance

• Kedar

He was already executed -- I don't think that I would like to see that anyway.

Jeez.. I'm with Human Rights Watch on this one.... and two wrongs do not make a right!

Not in the US, just still pictures. I hear they are in his country, so I'm sure it will leak to the internet.