When I sign into Yahoo chat, the chat window never comes up, even though the window says connected.?

When I choose a room, click on it, a chat room window never comes up, even though I may try 10 different rooms. Once in a while, I get a message saying signing in took longer than expected, please try again later, but that doesn't come up very often. Any suggestions? I am running windows XP, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

When you send or receive an instant message and no message appears, you probably have scripting disabled in your Internet Explorer.

To enable scripting:

Click the "Tools" menu on your Internet Explorer toolbar and select "Internet Options."

Click the "Security" tab.

Click the Internet (globe) icon and click the "Custom Level" button.

Scroll down to "Scripting."

Enable the following:

Active scripting

Allow paste operations via script

Scripting of Java applets are all enabled

Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the window.

Note: Restart Yahoo! Messenger and you should start seeing text in your IM windows again.

Same thing for chat.

It is possible that persons are isolated by artificial intelligence chatbots on Yahoo Chat.

It is also possible that artificial intelligence chatbots are used in Yahoo Answers.