Looking for cheese recipe for steak and cheese sandwiches?

There is a great steak shop in Allentown PA called vince's. It has the best cheese sauce. I am loking for either the brand of cheese sauce they use or a recipe for that sauce. Can anyone help me?

Favorite Answer

Steak and Cheese Sandwich

1 pound round steak, sliced thin

(whatever cut u choose, I use what is on sale that week!)

1 cup diced onions

1 cup diced green onions

1 can (4oz) sliced mushrooms

2 Tablesppons worcestershire sauce

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

Slice steak into thin slices. Brown in skillet, add onion, mushrooms & bell pepper until veggies are soft. Add worsteshire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Let this simmer as long as possible.**

Cut centers out of hoagie rolls, put mayo and cheese on bottom, drain some steak mixture, put in roll, mayo the top piece and put back on sandwich. Can add more cheese on top of steak if desired.

** Sometimes I add about 1-1/2 cups of beef bouillon and let simmer.

For best results, put the finished mixture into a crock pot and

let simmer all day.

Cheese steak sandwiches for a delicious family lunch or party.

INGREDIENTS:

2 pounds boneless trimmed rib eye, very thinly sliced (partially freeze to make slicing much easier)

3 to 4 tablespoons Canola oil

salt and pepper

Cheez Whiz®, melted American cheese, or similar process cheese

6 hoagie or sub rolls, about 6" lengths

PREPARATION:

Heat Canola oil in non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions in the hot skillet until just tender; remove onions and set aside. Add sliced beef; sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté quickly to desired doneness, turning several times

Meanwhile, melt cheese or heat Cheez Whiz in top of double boiler over simmering water. Hint: At a party, keep cheese in a slow cooker with ladle and let people help themselves.

Split sub rolls; place onions and sliced beef on each roll. Spoon melted cheese or Cheez Whiz over the beef. Or, set platters out and let people build their own sandwiches. Serve with your choice of condiments and plenty of napkins!

Serves 6.

Source(s): ME THE GREAT

I don't know that recipe, but for Philly cheese steak sandwiches I use plain old Cheeze Whiz. Just melt it in the micro.