How can I get rid of Cold Sores quickly?

I have had a cold for the past 5 days. The day before yesterday I developed a cold sore. I wanted to know about fast ways to get rid of it and maybe some home remedies.

Thanks for your answers!

Favorite Answer

abreva, if u catch it early it will clear it up in a day

Herpes simplex virus is what causes cold sores. Someone could be infected with them from drinking someone else's drink, someone else's fork, sharing chapstick, and kissing someone which is carrying herpes simplex virus. The red bumps might be fairly unpleasant blisters which could surface in close proximity to the mouth, or also the interior of your mouth or nostril, somewhere else on the face, and anywhere on the body.

Cold sores may come back simply because of greater stress, the common cold, fever, cold weather, certain foods, or too much direct sun light. The location could begin to burn, tingle, itch, and after that a new blister will show up. The sore can dry out and build a yellow-colored crust. They will stay anywhere from 7 to fourteen days. People can try to cover it up it by using make-up, but that normally tends to make the cold sore even worse.

To remove cold sores, you may go about covering them with a cold sore specific product, apply lip balm with sunscreen, dab licorice extract, ingest echinacea, vitamins C as well as vitamin E, and also totally preventing coming in contact with it. By adopting several lifestyle changes, it can be achievable to reduce cold sores and even stop them from happening again.

I get an occasional cold sore and I found that Abreva which you can get over the counter for $15 works great! Its a small sized tube but you will find it will last you a long time. All you do is dab on a small amount as soon as you feel one coming . Continue to dab throughout the day. I would keep it handy because it also helps ease with any discomfort(itchiness & stinging) assosiated with cold sores. Dont waste your money on a doctor or time on slow working home remedies.

See your doctor and get a prescription for Valtrex. Keep it on hand. Take it at the first sign of a cold sore (tingling, etc.), even before you see it. It will stop it from developing completely. Works like magic.

Lysine is the only NATURAL way that I know of to get rid of cold sores. There is a topical formula, as well as a supplement that you can take to prevent further outbreaks, as once you have the virus, you have it forever...

• 86Mets

It is called Abreva and it available at most pharmacys. It is not cheap, about 15-17 dollars for a very small tube. It greatly speeds up the healing process. Hope This Helps!!

i get those really bad, even in clusters.. which is like 10 in one area... some people have a lack of certain things in their immune system which causes us to get them more... i went to the doctor... and he gave me famvil.. i think it was called.. cleared it up fast... started feeling it work right away, this stuff is the BOMB best thing ive ever tried so get some ... it will work.

greeneyebutterfly

A dab of tea tree oil or pure lemon myrtle essential oil 3 x day.

Works wonders.

• dude

cold sores are herpes, so i don't think you can ever get rid of them. but you can take a prescription medicine for them to control the outbreaks.

an expensive over the counter medicine called abreva.