How can i keep my 5, and 9 year old cousins from destroying my room!?

I have 2 cousins that are coming to visit for 5 days and they trash my room and they wont clean it up. They dont listen to anyone.There mom wont make them pick it up. If i put brakeblul stuff up they always find it and brake it. What can i do to stop this madness

Favorite Answer

well i know how you feel i have 10 cousins that do that to me. you can lock your door and make a neckless with the key so your the only one who can enter

Before they get here, talk to your parents... ask them if you can put a lock on the door... if they say no cuz they don't believe in that sort of thing, try negotiating with them... tell them how concerned you are about keeping your room, your stuff neat and safe and tell them that you will let them take the lock off of the door once the brats are gone. When they arrive and try to go to your room, let them know that it is off-limits to everyone but YOU. Keep the key around your neck. And tell your parents that you appreciate the fact that they support you in respecting personal space!!

• Tell them that they can't go into your room unless they listen to you. Make them "pinky promise" and tell them the rules before you even let them in (No touching things on the shelves, don't jump on my bed, etc...) Then give them a chance... if they don't follow the rules- tell them they need to leave (nicely). At this age they will surely put up a fight; tell them they knew the rules and you guys had a deal. Make sure you tell their mother that your space is personal and they weren't respecting it. Kids at this age know what's right and wrong and do know how to listen.

Do they stay in your room? If not just block it from their access. When you're in it, either lock the door, or if there is no lock, then put a chair under the doorknob to block anyone from entering.

Ask your mom or dad to put a lock on your door.. do not give anyone the key. Good Luck..

Just lock the door, tell them it's your room, and it's off limits to them.

Lock ur room

go to the hardware store and buy a lock for your room and keep it locked.

Lock up your room, whether you are in it or not.

D-Con brownies usually to the trick.