My boyfriend and his car???

All my boyfriend talks about is his car and it really, really bores me. How can I politely tell him that it is getting on my nerves???

Favorite Answer

Sidetrack the conversation to something you both can talk about. Otherwise, leave as he obviously loves the car more than life itself.

Maybe him talking about his car has more to do with him wanting you to take an interest in something that means a lot to him. I t may be more to do with feelings than with the car. Try to listen, not about the car but that he wants to include you in something that makes him feel good. I agree cars can be boring if your not into them, good luck.

• Lydia

You don't tell him politely, you tell him straight out. Make sure you come before his car, otherwise it may be time to move on.

tell him you got to stop talking about his car and talk about you and him then call him when he get home and say you love him then he will talk about some else

• Eldude

Dump him...he is too materialistic and regardless you will always be #2 If you were to get married and have children, the kids will be in his way to material happiness.

Lol My husband talks about electronics all the time, I just do a dramatic yawn...

He needs help. Send him to the Henry Ford clinic til he's better.

Just tell him, my friends husband talks about cell phones wherever he goes(manager at cell one), and she tells him straight up to stop lol.

I don't really think you need to tell him anything. Either you accept him the way he is or move on.