Playstation 2!! We put the game in and it won't read the disc. It just has a generic playstation screne.?

Update:

It is a brand new game and we have this issue with all of the games. We have tried to blow air on the game and the scanner to try and blow off any dust or debris on the game or scanner and still nothing.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try cleaning the game disc off. It may have scratches or dust that are blocking PS2 from reading it. :)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You eye on the PlayStation may be dirty this just happened to me a week or so ago just use a ear cleaner rub it in generic rubbing alcohol, then dry the eye with a piece of tissue it should work like new.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

DISK READ ERROR: Buy a dvd lens cleaning disk pop it in and clean the system. You may have to do it more than once. Once a month do it again. Some disney dvd movies won't play on the ps2. Don't know why.

• 1 decade ago

Do you use the movie remote? My PS2 has acted up after I've used the remote for a while. It just mysteriously stopped and eventually worked again. I would switch the controller to the remote start it up and then try the other way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

scanner stuffed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.