What places in the U.S. has the friendliest and the most unfriendly people?

Favorite Answer

Idaho has the most unfriendly people. Actually Idaho has hostile people - probably hostile because they have to live in Idaho.

Americans are pretty easy going everywhere though, it just takes on different colors depending on the cultural nuances of the region. New York easy going is different than Alabama easy going which is different than New Mexico easy going. Although you will always find a dose of a**holes - most Americans are pretty friendly.

But I would say the friendliest place is the South. Politeness and hospitality are strongly ingrained cultural traits. People are more likely to say hello to you when you pass them on the street, quite likely to strike up a conversation, and are generally happy to help you out.

• Pam

This question is silly. If one state had "only nice people" and another only "mean people", ya I think that is just ridiculous.

A certain city or state doesn't' depict a person. Come on now. That is like asking "Which race is the friendliest and the most unfriendly". A person is either nice, sometimes nice, mean or sometimes mean. That's it.

Sorry, but think about your question and realize it is quite dumb really. Next time try thinking, before typing.

Stereo type the people all say the the unfriendly people are in New York...NOT TRUE. Any where in the Carolinas the people are wonderful. Southern hospitality. New York is a good place too. honestly i just think its people in general. Not where you go but, who you meet.

Unfriendly...any urban area. Friendly...the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

My sister wants to move to Maine because she heard it's very laid back there and the people are very nice.

I've lived in a few different places in Washington State and California and I've never really noticed a difference in the way people treat me. Even in Seattle and LA.

Most people are nice, at least to my face. :o)

Some of the rudest are definately in Boston and Philly and Cincy Ohio

I live in Pittsburgh , and you can ake allmost anyone where oyu are or how to get there,and they will either tell you or take you there. I came from New York City , no one up there will stop a say hello let alone tell you how to gey somewhere.

Texas is full of friendly people. The motto is after all "Friendship."

This site.

Saint Louis and Kansas City are pretty good but Americans generally don't make foreigners all that welcome.