My Guardian Animal is a panther, what qualities are they most likely to have?

today when i was talking to some fellow wiccans discussing guardian animals. i learned that my g.a is a panther but i cant seem to link some of their characteristics to mine. what kind of animal are they (cunning,sophisticated, etc.) compared to others.? and how do they fit in to the area of magic and history? and how do they tie in with any gods and goddesses of ancient and present time? i really need to know.

today when i was talking to some fellow wiccans discussing GUARDIAN ANIMALS. i learned that my g.a is a panther but i cant seem to link some of their characteristics to mine. what kind of animal are they (cunning,sophisticated, etc.) compared to others.? and how do they fit in to the area of magic and history? and how do they tie in with any gods and goddesses of ancient and present time? i really need to know.

(other than what they eat,what animal they branch from, and their addiction to catnip please!) more along the lines of

"how do they fit in to the area of magic and history? and how do they tie in with any gods and goddesses of ancient and present time?"

Favorite Answer

As far as totem's(animal guardian) are concerned the panther is simply the most passionate and seductive in all the animal kingdom. The panther is methodical and calculating. They can be sneaky, but mostly for the purpose of listening and learning, not for gossip. However, a panther should never be under estimated. They hide in the shadows and pounce on an enemy. I am a reader of oracle cards (similar to tarot) and magically or historically a panther in a reading suggests that it is neccessary to follow one's true passion. A panther as a totem animal suggests that you have strong passions, and all the strength you need to follow them. I am not aware of any gods or godesses that are represented by or affiliated with panthers.

I can't answer any of your questions about panthers, but I do have a couple of questions for you.

First of all, I am not Wiccan, so I don't know how you guys do these things.

I am on a Solitary path, and I was given my animal guides and guardians, as well as my Spirit guides, and even my name, on Shamanic journeys. I don't know that I, personally, would want any human telling me what these things were.

Did someone tell you the panther was your guardian? Or was this information provided by other means?

Either way, the source would probably be the best for further information about this.

And I must admit, I admire the courage it took to "come out" online. You took quite a risk, given the number of the enemy lurking about here.

The Panther is not an animal in itself, but is actually the genus of cat Panthera. Most cats referred to as "Panthers" are actually Jaguars, and Leopards (also in the genus are Lions and Tigers. Occasionally mentioned will be the Puma.)

What sets the Panthera genus apart from the rest of the cats (aside from all being fairly large) is that they are the only ones with the ability to roar.

Generally, when Panthers are seen as black, it is because of melanism (which causes the gene that controls the spots to go out of control and spot the whole body.)

Source(s): Wikipedia, of course.

Hi there, just wanted to mention, I liked this discussion. quite inspiring replies

Catnip addiction. Catnip=herb family=tea...so if you like tea...

They eat meat

This has already been answered