What do you think about quality japanese restaraunt?

Does American likes japanese food? like sushi, etc.

I'm think about learn about sushi at japan and opening

Japanese restaraunt. It's really Big step for me. Please answering!

Favorite Answer

I love Japanese food! I think Americans are really open to Japanese food, especially if it is of quality. However, be sure to research location, location, location! If it's in the right spot ( a metro area or an area where it will be unique) it will be a big hit! Good luck!

I'm not American, but I can give you an opinion from a Japanese person's point of view (since I'm Japanese).

I think that Japanese restaurants in America are too 'Americanized' meaning that the quantity of the food it too much! Also, the taste is a little different, and some foods aren't Japanese at all sometimes. Like in Japan, we don't have zucchini or carrot tempura! If you are aiming for more of America customers though, I suppose that's okay. But I guess that the prices are good, considering the amount of food.

Lots of my American friends like sushi, but they said it would be much better if all the foods have picture along side it on the menu, with what's inside it, so they get a better idea of what the food is about. My friends eat all kinds of sushi, including raw fish, however, the ones like California rolls are more preferred among them.

By the way, if you are opening the restaurant, please don't let the waitperson where one of those fake kimonos/yukatas! It makes me think what are they thinking! I mean, T-shirts with the restaurant's name is fine...I think they are wanting to give a "Japanese" look, but those fake ones don't look good, especially if work with sneakers. American people might not be able to tell the difference, but from a Japanese people's point of view, it looks awkward.

Japanese restaurants are usually very expensive and offer high quality food, at least here in NY. They seem to be quite Americanized though I've been told...not true Japanese cooking. I went to one place that had each table around a grill, and the chef came out and prepared each meal fresh before your eyes, which is very uncommon, and was very nice. Lots of beef and chicken dishes too. It was all for show, with the fancy cutting and such, but everything w as real quality food and everything spotlessly clean, unlike most American restaurants.

Lots of people love sushi, and i think it is gaining popularity. Personally i don't like it...raw fish...yuck :-)

Good luck to you. An American saying for you. "Location, location, location" meaning pick the right location for your business or home and it will pay off better for you.

My family eats at a Japanese restaurant once a week. We eat sushi and other foods like somen, octopus salad, and tempura. Our city has about one new Japanese restaurant open each year so there is a lot of competition for good sushi chefs. Best of luck to you!! My Mom is from Hokkaido.

• sapboi

Ogenki Des Ka,

I would like for you to make cold Soba noodle for my American friends so they wil love Japanese food here in America.

Also many different soup with Tofu, Nori,Tako, Tempura and Noodle Udon.

Domo Arigato,

I love japanese food. Especially the habachi table and shabu shabu. My friend lived in Japan for a year and makes wonderful japanese food but I also like to go out for it.

I like Japanese food very much.........

you have to make sure you serve quality food...

I think American don't like Japenese food so much..,,as you know,potatoes are their main food...

In Japanese food,,we use mostly rice and noodles.......

My opinion is you open your restaurant at Asia country......

Japan is beautiful. My b/f took me there for our one year anniversary.