Louise asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I had a tubal ligation who out there has had one and, is it true that they come undone in 5 to 10 years?

Several people has told me that after 5to10 years your tubes come untide is this actually possible.

• Enigma
    Favorite Answer

Usually the cut and tie them.

Mine is going on 16 years no pregnancy.

I had a tubal ligation 4 years ago with my last C-Section. The truth is that tubals are 99% effective. There is a 1% chance that your tubes will reattach, and that chance increases with time. The procedure used nowadays is not "tying" but cutting and burning the ends. It is very rare to become pregnant after a tubal, but yes, just like being struck by lightning or attacked by a shark, it COULD happen.

I had mine done 10 yrs ago and it is fine. MOST dr's will put a band around them kinda like a gumband(not sure of material used though) to restrict the egg from getting to the place it needs to be. SOME will cut and tie or burn the ends shut. NO way that will come loose. It is HIGHLY unusual for the bands to come loose either. 1 in like 10 million.

I had one in 1995 and everything is still fine with mine. It truly depends on what kind of tubal you had and if they used clips or actually burned the fallopian tubes so that they do not connect any longer.

• T Time

If you've only had them tied, they could come undone.

If you've had them cut, burned and tied, you'll never have children again.

i hear that it is but its really rare