Raquel asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

i had my first baby and i don't know when i should get my period?

Favorite Answer

Depends if you plan on breastfeeding or not. If you do plan to breastfeed, it may not come for awhile (several months or so). I breastfed my daughter until she was about a year and I got my period about 7 months after she was born. Breastfeeding certainly delays it from coming but doesn't stop it from coming.

However if ou don't plan on breastfeeding it your period may come after a couple of months.

Please talk to your doctor. I've had 3 babies and never had problems with my periods so I don't know. Call your doctor on the phone. Have you had your 6 week check up yet?

if you are breastfeeding, you won't have your period till you stop breastfeeding.

If not, your period will come sooner. Cuddle up with your baby and don't worry about your periods. It will come when it's suppose to.

It happens when it happens. 1 month to 1 year later if breastfeeding.

it depends on whether you are breastfeeding or taking birth control pills. talk to your doctor.

Talk to youdoctor when you have your next checkup.

be thankful you haven't gotten it again! it's an absolute curse!!!!!!

how old are you?? didn't you talk to your doctor?