Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

I have a really dry throat... left over from a cold... what should I take?

I've had a cough for a couple weeks - not a bad cough - and there's phlem in my throat and at night my throat is really, really sore and in the day time it just feels really dry and drinking lots of water doesn't seem to help.... What should I take to make it not feel so dry? I've been drinking lots of tea... taking multi vitamins... Nyquil once in a while....

Favorite Answer

You need honey or to suck on caramels, or any other candy that makes a sticky coating for your throat.

Drink some good old fashioned milk, or eat some ice cream during the day when your throat is dry. It will coat your throat. at night drink some hot tea with honey. It wont work all night though, so keep some honey and a teasppon at your bed side and take a teaspoon of honey when the coughing comes back.

• That sounds like what I just had. It always seems to start with a sore throat and end with a cough. This time it was different, started with that headache and went downhill from there. The sore throat is the WORST! I gave in and went to the doc for antibiotics. I was always exhausted and it always lasts about a week total. Halls helps so much. Good luck to you.

Source(s): Oh, and DO NOT DRINK MILK when you have congestion or phlem, that makes it soooo much worse. (Mucus factory) Anything cold will make you want to cough and ultimately gag from the effects, too. Ice cream is NOT recommended.

Drink some tea with honey in it and rest your voice. Stay out of the cold and rest for a day or a few hours!

• JC

Go out and get yourself a bag of Cold eese throat lozenges.

They come in a variety of flavors and they do wonders to eliminate the effects of the common cold.

Good luck :)

Cough is caused by a number of ailments.

It can be treated by over the counter medicines

or home remedies. More information available

at http://ailments.in/cough.html

Honey and Lots of water will do the trick

Put on the humidifier or a pot of simmering water to moisten the air & soothe your throat.

Ginger tea with honey usually hooks me up!

and believe it or not

ice cream!!!

Water. Lots of it.