Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Sometimes when you hear people attacking scientists do they sound Medieval?

Those scientists!!!

Favorite Answer

Not much has changed. Except that the zealots aren't allowed to torture or burn scientists anymore.

• ÜFÖ

lol thats funny because I actually thought the same thing today. It never occured to me before, but for some reason it hit me today that a lot of the christians sound like they are still living in the Medieval period.

Come to think of it, it makes perfect sense because wasn't the King James bible written during the Medieval period? If not that specific period it was sometime close enough.

Do you believe that scientists are infallible? Do you believe everything that they say?

When scientist speak of things observed, tested, repeated & c, I listen. I am certainly not hostile to science. I have great respect for science.

But when scientists throw around the millions and billions of years, I stop listening. I know that I am hearing speculation masquerading as science. All this speculation is necessary to support their religious belief in evolution.

people attacking scientists sound ignorant

Science and the Bible are in amazing agreement. Its people who haven't read the Bible for themselves that talk in medievil terms.

Read Genisis one word at a time and compare it to modern science and you will find a match.

Let there be light = Big bang etc.

Frequently. Drop by http://www.fstdt.com/ for some real jaw-droppers.

Ya, they do. Here's an example:

http://www.2think.org/dobzhansky.shtml

yes, but also, they sound as if intellectually they never made it out of grade school

yeah,it is a little medieval

They really do. Ignorant buffoons.