which digital camera brand is the best out of all of them?

I bought a samsung not to long ago and it is screwing up.

Favorite Answer

Canon, Canon, Canon

Sony is a digital company and has great video facilities but canon have always made cameras.

I work for the biggest photography company in the United States, and we use Nikon Digital for almost everything. Within 6 months it will be Nikon Digital completely. We do portraits, sports, dances, you name it. All different types of photography...same camera. I have a Nikon D1x myself. Probably the best camera I have ever had. Before that Nikon 6006...still an awesome camera. I have never been dissatisfied with Nikon. But Canon and Sony are good as well. And to the other response to your question..it is Leica...not Lika and they are a whole lot more than $700.

Doug

I own a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2, takes great 8X10's. Listening to salesman as DME B did steered him away from Fugi. Bought my daughter Figifilm Finepix S5200 for Christmas and her photos equal mine. These are Super-zooms that tsted very well in Nov'06 Consumer Reports. Probably the biggest bang for your bucks is the Canon line which produce excellent cameras and probably are cheaper than Sony or Nikon.

Bought a Sony over Christmas, the salesman said that the Fuji camera's stink. I read bad reviews about Kodak too.

Important FAQ's - 5 pixels is good, anything higher and the human eye cannot detect the improvement.

Optical Zoom higher the better - digital zoom irrelevant

Quality of the lens.

#1 = Canon

#2 = Sony

#3 = Nikon

stay away from Kodak, Samsung, and any strange "off" brands

It really depends on your needs like casual use vs. professional. I've had several unrelated people reccomend Canon Cool Pix. This knowledgable tech guy said any megapixle over 5 was really unecessary.

Consumer Reports rated Canon as being the best.

Sony... Hands down. I never had any problems with my Sony digital cameras.

Canon

• Ted B

Canon or Nikon is your best bet. Olympus and Sony should be your second choice.