Should I continue to buy CDs or switch to downloading MP3s?

I thought CDs were much better quality, but does that really matter for alternative music? What about for classical music? If MP3, which MP3 player/format is best? Good MP3 download sites?

Favorite Answer

Buy used from Second Spin and Amazon. Sound Quality can make a difference if you have a good source, however I do not recommend buying new cd's because it pays the record companies to continue the fight through Digital Rights Management policies that are designed to put more $$$ in their pockets and rob the consumers of the music and rights that they are supposed to have when they buy a new CD.

• I do both. I have a mp3 player and i get songs outta that..but if i cant find something online or on itunes then i buy the cd. If i dont have the cd, i buy/download my music. The site i use is filelodge.com

• psyop6

Having a CD collection certainly goes a long way toward helping replace your playlist when you MP3 player dies, is wrecked or stolen...

I oftentimes purchase the CD if i comprehend i admire the band.i admire watching the artwork artwork and examining alongside to the lyrics. i admire the understanding actuality that a number of it is going in direction of the band or artist. on occasion i will purchase couple of songs from a extra moderen a band (like if some made a tenet to me).If i admire the few songs then i will bypass out and purchase the CD

downloading mp3s is better because u can download as many songs as u want for free and still have the best quilty like this lime wire i have and its the best ever i can download any song from any artist u name it even cartoons song video images and more get it free at lime wire sure cd is great for going out to places were u cant take the computer but if u have a buner to burn cd thats great if u dont still downloading lime wire resloves everthing

Source(s): www.limwire.com

it is a personal decision. CD's do offer better sound quality but they take up space, cost money and scratch. MP3's take up no space and you can get a pretty good qualty, for me good enough to say goodbye to CD's.

always get mp3's. they have way better quality. anyways everythings going to mp4 now so its even better no matter which genre of music.

Just download your mp3's from limewire. It's free and has good quality

Source(s): www.limewire.com