JR asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

What is the average commission given on Annunities? Can it change with amount fo Annuities?

Update:

Well what types of bonuses can you get. Like if i were to bring 3-6 million to a company of TSA, then could i get an 3-5% bonus commission????? Like what companies???

Update 2:

TSA(tax-sheltered annunity)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends on the company. As an insurance agent I can tell you that some companies do afford larger than 8.5 % commissions. I have yet to see anything higher than 10.5 % though. I would suggest if you are looking for an annuity, go with a higher rated company. The higher the commission frequently the longer you are locked into the product. If you look to a company like New York Life or Northwestern Mutual (the two highest rated companies in the country) you will get a broader selection of options as well as better agent advice....and far more ethical advice.... (agent commissions are lower as well....but the folks who work there are more concerned about their clients....their incomes come from the client satisfaction)....

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Annuities are a VERY sweet deal for the agent selling them. Comp can average anywhere from 8-15% of the premium depending on the product...

• swenjj
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

DM, according to NASD rules the sales charge cannot exceed 8.5% of the capital invested

godzillas, learn to use lower case letters

and how am i dead wrong? i didnt say the average is 8.5% i said that according to NASD rules, the sales charge cant go over 8.5% this is from the exam cram book on the series 7 securities licensing exam study guide

Source(s): series 7 study book
  • 1 decade ago

THE FIRST 2 POSTERS ARE DEAD WRONG AS MOST POSTER HERE ARE....... THE AVERAGE COMP FOR A VARIABLE ANNUITY RANGES FROM 4-7 %

FIXED IS LESS USUALLY 3-4%

YES IT CAN CHANGE JUST A LITTLE WITH AMOUNTS, USUALLY ON THE FIXED SIDE

THIS IS THE TRUTH, NOT WHAT THE OTHERS POSTED

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Find best solutions

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.