Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Have you ever been...?

...called for jury duty? Did you go for it, or find a way to get out of it?

Favorite Answer

yes

yes i was a juror

fascinating experience

Yes I was called for Jury duty and yes I got off,but it was them that let me go. I guess they didn't want a women that was 8 1/2 months pregnant sitting up there in the jury box.

Yes, I spent 4 days in the court house & didn't even get picked to sit on a jury.

I was in the jury pool for six months but was never called for duty. I wish I had been. It would have been time away for work.

I went and I wasnt even called for duty once I got there. I didnt think it was a big deal and you get paid for it. And if you get off early, you can skip the rest of the work day!!

• alybr

Yeah, I have been called a good couple of times. I have gotten out of it everytime. The First time, they just didn to callmy group, the second time I wrote a letter adn the last time, my baby's due date was on the day that they called me. I do know that you can get a dr.s note to get out of it if you have certain disoders such as a panic disorder. Good Luck:)

• K

No, I've never been called for jury duty.

no i find they dont call teenagers in for jury duty but who knows they may change it i sure hope not

I have been called 3 times but never served. Every case was dismissed.

Yes, unfortunately I did. I couldn't get out of it, even though I wore a tutu when they were picking people! But i did get a nice dinner out of it and met some nice people there.

• Shadow

Many times. Sometimes I get picked to sit on the panel & sometimes I don't. I'm so used to it by now that it doesn't even bother me. Now, I kind of look forward to the process.