jib asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

what is the best way o getting grease out of my fav pair of sweats?

Favorite Answer

♥ ♥ try rubbing with hand cleaner, like mechanics use, and then wash... dont dry in dryer until the grease is out.... if that doesnt work, try adding ammonia to the wash ..♥ ♥

I work with petroleum products all day all long so I know your pain. This may not be the least flammable way to do it, but if it is a very tough grease stain and those other ways won't get it out, try using some kerosene or diesel. I know it sounds crazy, but if you've ever heard that like dissolves like then it would make more sense. Use this if those other ways don't work, works for me. Wash the sweats after ofcourse normally.

First put a small amount of liquid dish-washing detergent on the greasy spots and rub it into the fabric . Dawn works best but any other detergent will work too. Next spray the spots with Spray and Wash and let it set for a few minutes. Then launder garments as usual. Works for me every time.

You can try dish detergent that gets out grease, or also lestoil which is a great strong cleaner without bleach that should break down the grease. Good luck!

Use Carbona Spot Remover! Its the best. Just go by the directions.

use that GOOP! hand cleaner .you can get it at the automotive parts store or wally world(walmart) Dont wet the garment and let the GOOP! stay on there for a little while then add it to the wash my friend :)

• J mom

Put straight Dawn liquid detergent.

try spraying on shout or spray and wash, scrub gently, and let it soak for a few minutes before throwing them in the wash. it works everytime for me