Jamie D asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

If you were assembling a team and could choose between Brady or Peyton Manning, who would you pick and why?

Favorite Answer

brady ... he doesn't choke in the big games ... and he is unselfish, he took a pay cut so the team could get more quality players

Tom Brady

the tough question, You have the regular season champ in manning, but on the other hand you have the playoff champ in Brady. Right now I would say Brady not for the fact that he has three rings (though I could stop there) but rather he has proven he can be a great passer with weak targets. When I see Manning performing without the likes of reggie wayne and Marvin Harrison then I might give him the pick.

I'd pick Tom Brady. Brady is a leader while Manning isn't thats why Brady has the Superbowl rings. Manning is a great quarterback by statistics, but to be a Quarterback you need to be a leader.

Peyton Manning. He hasn't won a Superbowl because the Patriots have been a better team overall. Football is a team game. Peyton has proven himself that he is a leader, he has great arm, and he make great decisions. His records are way ahead of Brady's record. The Colts are where they at because of Peyton, that team has one of the WORST defense in the NFL and has NO running game. Even lacking of defense and running game, they are still one of the best teams in the NFL. So, I pick Peyton Manning.

Depends on objective.

If I'm a fan that happens to own the team, Brady to build a good well rounded team because he does not need expensive players on offense and you can spend on defense.

If I only want to put "fannies in the seats" then Peyton and stock the offensive side around him. Yeah, come play off time they'll fold, but if my objective was to sell tickets and jerseys, so what?

The difference is Irsay vs. Kraft.

I would choose Tom Brady. Because i don't want Cry Baby Manning on my team.

Brady without a doubt. Reasons: three Superbowl Championship speak for itself. Brady know how to play under pressure, and play it very well.

Peyton with the Patriots of the previous 5 years would get 4 rings...

Both great Q.B.s,and students of the game but I would take Brady he has three rings to Manning's none and Manning has had more talent around him.

Brady was won three Super Bowls with mediocre talent around him. What happens if you give him a Marvin Harrison?