Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 decade ago

I need help with my computer !!.?

Okay I got an mp3 player for christmas.

&& It works at my dads house because he has a USB thing.

But my moms computer doesn't

If anyone can help me then that would be awesome !

&& by the way she has a Dell computer.

• Chip
    Favorite Answer

If your mom's computer is so old that it doesn't have a USB port, then you may not want to try it on hers. But if you must....

You can buy a USB card to install on your mom's computer. This is a little circuit board that you put in a slot inside the computer, that will give the computer USB abilities.

Radio Shack sells a USB to serial cable adaptor, however it might not run as well as with a USB port

every new computer has a usb port. if the computer is over 10 years old it won't have one but otherwise it should be in the front or back and you should have atleast two.

you might have to install software or like. .configure something to make the mp3 player be detected as a usb device if its plugged into the usb slot and isnt picking up. . try restarting if you havent

• T G

your dads USB thing probably just plugs into his USB port.

plug your unit into your moms USB if you dont see it on the front or side, then its on the back.

Are you sure its usb not fire-wire?