Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Will you still have free will when you die?

"Ghosts" practice this by choosing to stay with their family/home/whatever? Maybe this "heaven" isn't so great after all?

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry you think that. There are no ghosts, but there are demons. Heaven is more then you could ever fathom.

Good question. The ghost people insist that the ghosts are stuck in a place against their will, but I've seen/heard them all my life. I have a few in the house where I live now. I call them playful poltergeists because they move little things & then put them back. I think they choose to stay here. There's more to it than that. The difference seems to be if they are aware of you or are just like a photograph or a video (a memory). Those might not really be there. I've seen both.

I'm not so sure that I have free will. Don't believe in ghosts or heaven, so my guess is that when I die, it will just be the end of me. Maybe the beginning of a worm or a plant, but the end of me.

• AK

When we eventually die our free will no longer be required. The decisions we make with it during our lives are long-lasting indeed. Choose wisely.

Read Acts Chapter 2 in the New Testament of the Bible.

i think that while heaven will be a peacefull place with no worries or cares, you will not be able to have free will because of the threat that you could always be kicked out. after all, it is heaven. im pretty sure u cant be smokin dro up there

There is no such thing as ghosts. I think free will ends at death. When heaven is created at the coming of Christ, Christians will not want of anything but heaven.

this is my confusion with heaven, the idea of worshipping god all day long, in a state of bliss, in mansions etc. sounds like western philosophy for sure, if we have free will now, and adam and eve had free will even though they saw god all the time, we would have to have free will in heaven, but what would keep the floor from suddenly falling out from under you, it did for adam and eve?

Free will is clearly defined as being a gift in the PHYSICAL realm.

However, thinking about it, wouldn't free will be also in the SPIRITUAL realm? It would make sense that we would love, adore and worship God of our own accord (ie, free will) in heaven.

Our will to choose stops at this life. After death we will know the results our choices. There is no such thing as ghosts.

"Ghosts" are demonic and never entered heaven in the first place so they wouldn't really know. When we die we will have complete knowledge and finally understand God. It will be our will to be one with Him.