Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

Is it legal to shine hogs at night?

I thought that it would because you could get rid of a lot more hogs by shinning them at night. Then I thought that somebody could be shinning deer and just tell the game warden that he's shinning hogs. So is it legal to shine hogs.

Oh yea, I live in Louisiana and i can't find it on the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries internet site

Favorite Answer

Holders of a legal hunting license may take coyotes, unmarked hogs where legal, and armadillos year round during legal daylight shooting hours. The running of coyotes with dogs is prohibited in all turkey hunting areas during the open turkey season. Coyote hunting is restricted to “chase only” during still hunting segments of the firearm and archery only season for deer. Foxes are protected quadrupeds and may be taken only with traps by licensed trappers during the trapping season. Remainder of the year “chase only” allowed by licensed hunters.

copied and pasted,here is the link,maybe it will help

It is legal in Indiana as well as spotting for fox and coyote. The catch is that it has to be a self-contained powersource because you can not use a vehicle to aid you. If they wanted to press it, standing next to a vehicle with the spotlight getting power from the cigarette lighter could be aided by the vehicle. Deer can not be spotlighted while in possession of a bow, crossbow or firearm of any kind. Now what happens if you are hunting hogs, fox or coyote and a deer happens to walk into the path of your spotlight when a game warden happens to drive by? That is the reason I will not operate a spotlight at any time that I am in possession of a firearm (I don't bowhunt or hunt with a crossbow, I know, same thing!).

I'm pretty sure you have to call the warden first, with a reason to be spotlighting. Like "They're tearing up my fields." or something like that. Otherwise, you can get in deep trouble for spotlighting. Losing license, guns, having a big fine...stuff like that. You might want to check your state's hunting guide, though.

It's legal in Brazos county texas only if they are tearing up property. But we do it all the time.

Not sure but I think that would be classified as ( Disturbance or disruption of wild life with a light).

probably depends what state or country u r in but that is a good idea i like deer meat

It is legal in Texas

Only if you own them and the barn they'er in. In other words, are you nuts?

it is illegal. it is considered harassing wildlife and if you are gonna persue game you should give them a sporting chance

ummm...huh?