Pulled over for a broken seatbelt and now...?

I got pulled over a few months ago because the automatic seatbelt in my old car was broken, and stuck in the un-harnessed position. The officer didn't give me a ticket for that, but he did give me a ticket for "carrying passengers beyond limit of intermediate license". In my state if you haven't had your license for more than 6 months you can only carry passengers that are your immediate family. I only had a few weeks left on my six months. I figure that it's useless to argue any excuses for why I had someone in my car, but the fine is $137 (!!!!), my license is supposed to be suspended for 30some days, and start my 6 months over (which have been up for a few months now). Anyway. I contested the ticket, and I'm hoping that I can plea for at least not losing my license and starting my 6 months over, (I need it for work, school, etc.) Any pointers, or is this a lost case?

• ken y
    Favorite Answer

you broke the rules now you pay the price...

have we learned anything?

• Dan W

It is possible to beat anything in court

They are overworked and take deals fast

A lawyer would win for sure

but that is a $500 investment

You could go to court and approach the DA and ask for a deal and get a prayer for judgment

Remember court is a toss of the dice for both sides

Perhaps you should take a look at the answers you got the first time you asked this question; they were very informative.

It is your responsibility to insure your car is maintained and functioning properly....hope you've got the seat belt fixed...someday it could save your life....Good luck!