Pulled over for a broken seatbelt and now...?

I got pulled over a few months ago because the automatic seatbelt in my old car was broken, and stuck in the un-harnessed position. The officer didn't give me a ticket for that, but he did give me a ticket for "carrying passengers beyond limit of intermediate license". In my state if you haven't had your license for more than 6 months you can only carry passengers that are your immediate family. I only had a few weeks left on my six months. I figure that it's useless to argue any excuses for why I had someone in my car, but the fine is $137 (!!!!), my license is supposed to be suspended for 30some days, and start my 6 months over (which have been up for a few months now). Anyway. I contested the ticket, and I'm hoping that I can plea for at least not losing my license and starting my 6 months over, (I need it for work, school, etc.) Any pointers, or is this a lost case?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ken y
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you broke the rules now you pay the price...

have we learned anything?

• Dan W
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It is possible to beat anything in court

They are overworked and take deals fast

A lawyer would win for sure

but that is a $500 investment

You could go to court and approach the DA and ask for a deal and get a prayer for judgment

Remember court is a toss of the dice for both sides

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Perhaps you should take a look at the answers you got the first time you asked this question; they were very informative.

• 1 decade ago

It is your responsibility to insure your car is maintained and functioning properly....hope you've got the seat belt fixed...someday it could save your life....Good luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.