If you had to choose between the life of 100 children, and a panacea that would cure all diseases?

Which would you choose? What questions of ethics come to your mind?

Favorite Answer

the good of the few vs the good of the many...

i'd choose the cure, of course.

• Shadow

I'd have to choose the panacea. It wouldn't be an easy choice but if the decision had to be made, I would opt for saving more than a 100 lives.

• Joshua

I value every life, but in this case I would go for the med. that cures all diseases. (think of the lives of millions of kids you could save!!)

Having said that, the world is getting overpopulated as it is already....how will we solve THAT problem? (will the poor get even poorer?)

And what about the millions of people who work in the medical field...the losses of jobs would be almost countless......and jobs in other fields may get overflown by it, so in the end there will be a massive loss of jobs, I guess.

Not to mention the fact crime would probably increase dramatically.....we would need to find a solution for that as well. (not likely, given the fact even nowadays we can't find a real solution for it)

My heart says : give us the wonder medicin anytime....my mind says that too, but is at the same time overflooded with the problems we might get cuz of it.

Simply : I'm not sure what would be best.

I would choose the life of 100 children because something would always come around to kill more people, including war which kills more people than diseases

Well you would be saving a lot more than 100 kids by curing all disease.

Questions would be which 100 kids? Maybe ones that are already close to death? What if one of them was your own child?

Good question - a thinker!

tough question 100 innocent children or millions of innocent lives

the panacea

My heart would choose the children

My mind would choose a cure.

Those 100 children are as good as dead.

100 vs. lives of millions

No contest.

Source(s): I would die myself if it would cure all diseases for the rest of the world.
  • Atlas

All diseases. I'm sure it's what the children would have wanted. Plus I can harvest their organs.

id pick the children, diseases will eventually be cured anyway