Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

Have you ever heard of getting a ticket for being "to close" to the RR crossing?

Anybody know the distance you are required by law to stay back from a railroad crossing in San Diego County CA? Have you ever heard of someone getting a ticket for this? Any help would be appreciated. Happy Holidays.

FYI: The gates where not down b/c no train was coming. I was stuck before it due to heavy traffic.

Favorite Answer

You are supposed to stay behind the white limit lines on either side of the track.

Vehicle Code 22450:

(a) The driver of any vehicle approaching a stop sign at the entrance to, or within, an intersection, or railroad grade crossing shall stop at a limit line, if marked, otherwise before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection.

If there is no limit line or crosswalk, the driver shall stop at the entrance to the intersecting roadway or railroad grade crossing.

(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a local authority may adopt rules and regulations by ordinance or resolution providing for the placement of a stop sign at any location on a highway under its jurisdiction where the stop sign would enhance traffic safety.

That's the law - Happy Holidays to you too.

I dont know if any such ticket exists but I do believe it should. I have known 4 people who were killed by getting stuck on a train track when the signal went off.

There is a safety zone marked by a line. Past that it's ticket zone.

Yes I have heard of people getting tickets for this. I have heard worse too.

• nickle

No EXCUSES! That is what the line is for you seein front of you as you are approaching the tracks. I think the line is maybe 30 or so feet from the tracks.

There should be a stop sign, if you're beyond it you get a ticket. It's for your own safety.

• WC

Yes, there are limit lines which you are NOT to cross over.

sometimes cops give tickets if there bored or they just dont like u for some reason.

i had a female cop flirt with me once,i was speeding.she just gave me a warning.she was hot. :P

You should be as far away as the gates would be if there were gates.

in the drivers book should tell u how fair u should be