Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you want to hear from your detractors?

Do you want those on the other side of the issues to be fully involved in the dialogue? Or would you prefer that they be quiet?

While you may passionately disagree with someone, while you may be bitterly offended by their views... do you also insist that they be heard?

• JC
    Favorite Answer

Frankly, I enjoy poking fun at anyone who is so narrowly focused loud, and obnoxious that they see nothing other than their own polarizing point of view (think Bill O'Reily here).

If this is a political question (which it seems to be)

The spirit of the 4th estate is an active, aggressive, even antagonistic and questioning media. I really believe we as citizens do a huge disservice to our republic if we are not a part of that rich dialog and open debate. It's healthy to question those in power about both their motives and their servitude. It's healthy to disagree and to openly debate. Like thinking destroys the spirit of who we are as Americans. We should not only welcome the debate, we should encourage it's RESPECTFUL practice.

Any strong leader welcomes the debate and the active questioning. It makes them better leaders.

Otherwise, we get what we deserve in this country.

The old adage, "absolute power corrupts absolutely" is true.

My problem with Republicans is that they apparently don't believe in using facts to bolster their arguments. Hell, most of them are still blaming Bill Clinton for everything that is wrong today. Clinton's been out of office for 6 years, and yet they can't let that one go. I don't get it.

The biggest issue is that Republicans and conservatives fail to use facts and are not reality-based in their thinking. So it's a problem.

I like to hear both sides as long as their is respect, maturity, and no switching the subject if there is a lack of rebuttles to be made.

there are many debates where I am offended. I explain however why I am offended and ask them to sympathize with me (as I do with them) and possibly change their speech (as I would do for them)

• ?

It'll get better, just wait. Those whiners have to go to bed soon. Then we can dialogue. No wait, this is the Answers forum.

• Nick F

if they are in fact on the other side of the issue, most of the posts here are little more than name calling

• bob h

I call people who would censor on their **** all the time. Yes, you have the right to say it & I have the right to answer.