What is the word which means "the exection of a king"?

In college, in Western Civ. we learned a term that was defined as the exection of a world leader. We were learning about the public exection of King Louis (I think, sorry I'm bad at history) at the end of the French Revolution. Does anyone know this term? I'll know it when I see it. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Regicide. It can applied both to the crime and to the criminal

In the case of Louis XVI he was exected and executed,

I believe regicide is the right term used both for royalty and criminal with royalty. It would be the same as impeeching a President. Except for the executing part. If you look up in latin the word, exected you will find the real answer.

Others who answered this question before me were undoubtedly correct: regicide. Award them the points. For the future, consider checkmate from chess. It means shah mat, which is Farsi for "kill the king (shah)."

Regicide.

Regecution?

regicide--from rex, regis which means king and cide-a suffix which means killing or death of

regicide

regicide.from the latin "regus",or king,or "regina"-queen.