Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

Night Terrors?

My husband has night terros about 1-2x a week. He wakes up in a sweat and disoriented till i fully wake him. doy ou have any ideas on how to handle them when they happen? should i try to wake him or or say anything?

Favorite Answer

This could be a symptom of lung cancer. Is he on any medication? Certain medications cause this. Welbutrin is one of them. I don't want to scare you, but has he seen a doctor? Does he ever sweat a lot with out the night terrors?

Source(s): Seriously TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR'S, THIS STUFF WILL NOT JUST GO AWAY. THERE IS AN UNDERLYING CAUSE. these people telling you to hug him, give him water, talk to him, it will not make it better. Maybe for a short few minutes but there is something else wrong with him. Neurological problems, certain cancers, medications. TAKE HIM before you find out too late. It's better to be safe than sorry.
  • Sorika

now not a full expert but it depends on the terror. my best friend had them and when i tried to wake him he would turn on me still in his dream. he got over it though when he faced the problem fully awake. it did take time but he is over it now!

Source(s): my best friend had them!

wow i have never had them but i can amagine that they will go away sooner or later! my best guees is to wake him and tel him he was having them again!