what good is Killing Saddam Hussein?

what do you think about not killing Saddam, but burning his fingers so he has no finger prints, and also doing some facial surgery basically erasing any proof in him of being Saddam, and put him back in society so he cant hurt people anymore; this being for people( the rebels) in Irak not to get mad. Also it wouldnt be a good idea to kill him just like he did for the others,,,

someone asked this yesterday but the question was deleted.

Update:

s h i t i forgot to mention brainwashing him that was the main idea behind erasing any proof on him of being Saddam,,,,,my bad

Update 2:

READ THE DETAILS MOST OF YOU DONT

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

He deserves this, because he killed so many Kurds and Shias. Besides, there's no international restriction to the death penalty!

• 1 decade ago

It permanently silences him. He knows many things that would be VERY embarrassing to the western nations. He has cut political deals over the years that would probably cause people to maybe turn away from sports and Anjelina Jolie and actually pay attention. Why do you think the public NEVER saw anything of the trial except wild angry outbursts in the court room? He had to be portrayed as a lunatic, just in case he somehow was freed. Remember, the Kurds were gassed with NERVE gas. Saddam used MUSTARD gas in war, which the U.S. supplied to him. Who used nerve gas routinely? The IRANIANS, who hated the Kurds as much as the Iraqis. Who first reported the Kurdish massacre? The Iranians! Why no questions on that? Because it doesn't fit the excuse to hang Saddam. Make no mistake, I don't support Saddam, but he is being hanged for one reason. His enemies want to shut him up before he spills any beans about all the deals made.

• skip
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Interesting idea. I really don't see it working, though. Mind you, I am not so sure that executing him is such a smart idea either. I can see the Sunnis getting mightily upset over this, which will only keep US troops in Iraq much longer than would otherwise be necessary. Perhaps it would have been better to do as we did to Zacarias Moussaoui. He's going to be locked up for the rest of his miserable life, unable to claim martyrdom. Yes, I know we have to pay for his keep, but if it stops even one person from converting to the cause, it is a small price to pay. Likewise with Saddam. Why not let him rot in jail?

• Linkin
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

How does changing his features keep him from hurting people? He's still alive. Still has his brain, mouth, and hands. Nothing to prevent him from finding his supporters and killing his way back into power.

The reason to kill him is so there's no chance of him causing any more trouble, whether in jail or out. It's pretty simple, really.

Hmm, even with brainwashing him, he's still a risk. What if he's busted out and they're able to reverse the brainwashing? The ability to charm and gain followers is still inside of him. Iraq is still a very unstable place. Him being alive is enough to be a symbol to his followers to keep causing trouble in his name. Just killing him is a quick and permanent way to make sure he never causes trouble again.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Once one achieves a certain level of depravity and evil, there is only one punishment that fits the crime. Saddam is definitely in that category. It not only rids the world of him once and for all, it also sends a message to the world that we are willing and able to take a stand.

• 1 decade ago

It will do a lot of good. It will tell all ruthless dictators who enjoy torture and killing of many thousands of their citizens this doesn't fly anymore. Beside it is the choice of Iraq to do this. Why is an American second guessing another country's justice?

• 1 decade ago

First of all he is being tried in IRAQ, in a IRAQI court, with an IRAQI judge. Let them do their legal proceedings by their law.

BTW Sadam was guilty of ordering the use of GAS (A WMD) against the Kurds in Northern Iraq.

• 1 decade ago

aah good then that way he can setup in another country and kill more people. Brilliant, just f-ing Brilliant

Dude get your head checked at the nearest mental hospital, something is definitely wrong with your brain.

• 1 decade ago

Kill him, We should have let the Soliders, and Marines who found him drop a grenade in that hole. Right there and then.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its all about me and I will feel better. Why don't you ask some of the people he has tortured or some of the families that are missing loved ones?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.