Hair Mask Substitute?

In one of my magazines, I found an at-home hair mask recipe. It calls for an orange peel, an avocado, and extra virgin olive oil. I decided to try it and tonight I picked up the avocado and oil at the store. When I got home, I realized I forgot the orange. All I have, that is similar, is a grape fruit. Could I substitute the grapefruit peel for the orange?

If you suggest I don't try it, please tell me why.

• Viki
    Favorite Answer

I'm sure it will work just as well even without the orange peel. And since a grapefruit is a citrus too, I'm sure it will work just fine. To the person who calls this a BS recipe, I'd say that it's only as BS as those majorly expensive conditioners that do about the same job.

• DC

Sure, you can use the grapefruit peel, but it won't be the same thing. The essential oils present in the orange peel are different from those in grapefruit peel. I don't really know how sweet orange EO is good for hair, it may have some clarifying properties, but the grapefruit EO may not possess those properties.

That's such a bs recipe. Don't waste that avocado on your hair. Put some mayo on your hair and eat the avocado. Anything that is full of oil will help moisturize your hair.

i think it could work but i wouldn't try the recipe if i were you.