Hair Mask Substitute?

In one of my magazines, I found an at-home hair mask recipe. It calls for an orange peel, an avocado, and extra virgin olive oil. I decided to try it and tonight I picked up the avocado and oil at the store. When I got home, I realized I forgot the orange. All I have, that is similar, is a grape fruit. Could I substitute the grapefruit peel for the orange?

Update:

If you suggest I don't try it, please tell me why.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Viki
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm sure it will work just as well even without the orange peel. And since a grapefruit is a citrus too, I'm sure it will work just fine. To the person who calls this a BS recipe, I'd say that it's only as BS as those majorly expensive conditioners that do about the same job.

• DC
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Sure, you can use the grapefruit peel, but it won't be the same thing. The essential oils present in the orange peel are different from those in grapefruit peel. I don't really know how sweet orange EO is good for hair, it may have some clarifying properties, but the grapefruit EO may not possess those properties.

• 1 decade ago

That's such a bs recipe. Don't waste that avocado on your hair. Put some mayo on your hair and eat the avocado. Anything that is full of oil will help moisturize your hair.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think it could work but i wouldn't try the recipe if i were you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.