What are some good careers for a biology major with a low GPA?

I'm going to a top 40 school but my GPA seems to be too low for any professional schools.

Favorite Answer

You can become what most people with a low GPA become.

A teacher!!

then you can screw up many more young minds with your lack of real knowledge.

Have you considered municipal water or waste water treatment?

A biology degree would get you in the door say, to a laboratory analysts position. City employees have great benefits. The work is very easy for the most part. And the pay is pretty good as well.

Check in at your local ESC online to see what is available in your area.

Source(s): WWTP plant operator for six years, also 4years in the lab For the local city government.
  • hayton

I also love Biology and am enrolling in college next semester.:-) and merely at the moment, i change into wondering about majoring in Biology besides, inspite of the indisputable fact that, after some idea i keen to attempt to get into medical college to change right into a pediatrician. this is because of alot of causes. initially, i realized that alot of folk with a Bio degree finally end up as instructors or artwork in labs, yet i needed to do something that I considered extra nicely worth my even as.I easily have a Grandmother who's a nurse and a couple of uncles that are docs, and from what I see they're quite satisfied with their occupation decision and are gentle with what they do. also, medical college is favourite to be confusing and in case you may't cope with it or merely dont savour it, you may consistently get a level instead( one in each of my uncles did that and is now a significant in Chem.). in my opinion, I also evaluate the commercial factors of my destiny occupation besides because the possibilities of having employed. From what I easily have considered ,docs have a quite larger danger of employment as compared to many different careers. i in my opinion recommend you to consider the prospect of Med college, there are diverse branches to verify from and also you may use your bio skills to finish that a lot extra...All in all,no count number what each person says, you should do what you savour and could not fall ill of after many years. best of success!!:-)

I became a computer game programmer. Good luck.

I don't know about that... look into podiatry schools.

• Ericho

don't teach please. but you can always clean up after the doctors.