Bethy asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

someone owes me money, can I have a life insurance policy on that person without that person"s permission?

My ex boyfriend owes me a large sum of money , if anything happened to him then I would not get the money owed to me.

Favorite Answer

There have been policies written in divorce cases where there is coverage placed on the spouse that is required to provide child support. This way if anything happens the kids continue to get support. I'm not sure if an ex-boyfriend would fit this case. Best to check with a lawyer. Plus most insurance carriers are going to require that a medical be done. Would the ex really be willing to have blood drawn?

Umm... this is a crazy question. His signature would be required on plenty of forms, and he'd need to (obviously) consent to it. Besides, in the mean time of waiting for him to do, you'd have plenty of premiums to pay anyway.

Only if you forge his signature on the application, which would negate the coverage as a "Material Misrepresentation". Besides, after you got it, what would you do? Push him in front of a bus?

Source(s): Use to be a life insurance agent.

Nope. You can't buy life insurance for an adult without their permission, unless they are legally incompetant - and then you need their guardian's permission.

Source(s): agent, 20+ years

not without his consent. he must sign the application allowing you to insure his life.

Source(s): I am a former life insurance agent.

No, that's called fraud.

Source(s): :)