Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

I have a problem playing games on my Playstation, could someone help me?

I live in Jamaica and video games are too expensive so bought the PSone in America in December 2000. I got two European games from my sister and I cannot play them, so I gave the system to an electronics store and they "fixed it" by putting a mod-chip in the system so that it can read it. Now I can't play my Dino Crisis because a banner in the Japanese language pops up on the screen probably saying i can't play it because of the mod-chip. The European games are now readable to the system but the screen jumps because I need a certain type of television to play it on (the irony). Not only that but the electronics store says they do not fix games anymor. So what are the methods can I do it to play my Dino Crisis?

I live in Jamaica and video games are too expensive so bought the PSone in America in December 2000. I got two European games from my sister and I cannot play them, so I gave the system to an electronics store and they "fixed it" by putting a mod-chip in the system so that it can read it. Now I can't play my Dino Crisis because a banner in the Japanese language pops up on the screen probably saying i can't play it because of the mod-chip. The European games are now readable to the system but the screen jumps because I need a certain type of television to play it on (the irony). Not only that but the electronics store says they do not fix games anymor. So what are the methods that I can do and how do I do it, to play my Dino Crisis on the playstation? Please explain your answer fully.

Favorite Answer

A very good idea to post. Please note that your playstation 1 is bought from America and it can only play games entitled with the NTSC U/C type games. These games can be bought from: Canada, Mexico, and the United States. But as seeing your ps1 was "fixed" with a mod-chip it appears it can play the regional games from the regions I wrote. Try contacting customer support via online or phone and they can probably solve your issue. Your TV may be a problem, as you said the screen jumps. You may need to get a new TV. If problems keep on occuring you may have to resort buying a new playstation 1.