Is difficulty swallowing and pain in chest upon swallowing a symptom of acid reflux.....?

I had strep a few weeks ago & had to be put on 2 courses of antibiotics to knock it out(21 days), the strep is now gone. But since being sick & being on the antibiotics, I've had heartburn, difficulty swallowing & chest pain upon swallowing & the doctor said he thinks its acid reflux & hastily gave me an acid... show more I had strep a few weeks ago & had to be put on 2 courses of antibiotics to knock it out(21 days), the strep is now gone. But since being sick & being on the antibiotics, I've had heartburn, difficulty swallowing & chest pain upon swallowing & the doctor said he thinks its acid reflux & hastily gave me an acid blocker, which I have yet to take because the heartburn really wasn't THAT bothersome & I didn't think I needed it. (My doctor is one of those that rushes you thru, & not a good listener) My chest is bothering me, sometimes even hurting a little when I breathe (although I've had no chest congestion or coughing), and when I eat, things that don't normally get stuck, are getting stuck at my chest & difficult to get to go down & it's painful. Is this really a symptom of acid reflux? I've never had a problem with acid reflux before, I have none of the other symptoms that I've heard of with acid reflux. Should I get a 2nd opinion? Anyone had this symptom before?
Update: The reason I am so hesitant at taking the acid blocker meds is because I don't want to take unnecesary medication & because I've heard negative things about acid blockers themselves.
Update 2: Anyone ever have this problem as a complication of strep? I first noticed it when I had been on my first course of antibiotics for 2 days.
Update 3: Also, I don't have the money to go out and get unnecessary prescriptions filled. It wouldn't seem to be my heart, if the problem is when I swallow, I would think.