does planting lime and orange trees within close proximity affect the outcome of the fruit?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No problem.

You can even have several kinds of citrus grafted onto one tree.

• 4 years ago

i assume the only element you could concern approximately( while you're a worrier) is bypass pollination.i assume you could finally end up with some unusual fruit yet I had an apple and a pear tree close collectively and not something got here approximately so that is advantageous for the orange and lemon wood for the reason that they're the two citrus wood.

• 1 decade ago

No, it would not affect the fruit of either tree.

Were a seed result from cross-pollentation of lime and orange, the fruit of a tree from that seed might have characteristics of either parent (or both).

Source(s): basic genetics
  • 1 decade ago

Shouldn't effect anything. I have heard of cross pollination, but I dont beleive that will occur with two completly different species? Just make sure that the trees get their water and nutrients.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If both trees are drawing from the same base soil and its nutrients than make sure there's enough nutrients to feed both trees.

• 1 decade ago

This is a funny question, it sounds like this could be a joke or a riddle. My real answer is I don't think so, but you don't have to take my word for it.

• 1 decade ago

yes the fruit will mix and come out god only knows what

• 1 decade ago

Might

• 1 decade ago

Yes - can cross poluated!@~

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.